MEDEP Lead & Asbestos Certification Training
We offer a number of different training classes, including:
- Renovation, Repair and Painting Initial (RRP)
- Renovation, Repair and Painting Refresher (RRP Refresher)
- Lead Dust Sampling Technician*
- Lead Inspector*
- Lead Risk Assessor*
- Lead Abatement Worker* and Supervisor*
* These courses are prerequisites for certification to perform these activities; some disciplines have additional requirements. Contact the Maine DEP Lead & Asbestos Hazard Prevention Program at 1-800-452-1942 for more information (www.maine.gov/dep/waste/lead)
CEU Classes for Brokers
IAQS trainer has been offering CEU classes to numerous industries of which include the real estate industry we offer a 3 hour 3 CEU credited classes on both asbestos & lead awareness and Indoor Air Quality (Mold/Bacteria) and weatherization. Home Inspectors, code enforcement officers, insurance adjusters, and school officials, to list a few, have also included industries we offer these classes to for more information contact us today.
Asbestos & Air Sampling
Help prevent respiratory illnesses and allergenic reactions with mold testing. If mold is found to be elevated let us conduct removal (remediation). We provide you with services that identify and eliminate mold growth from your property, while identifying the cause(s) to assist in preventing mold from reappearing and increase the facility’s longevity. Molds can be found almost anywhere in your home or business. They can grow on virtually any organic substance as long as moisture and oxygen are present. It is impossible to eliminate all mold and its spores in an indoor environment.
Mold growth can be controlled indoors by controlling moisture indoors, prompt drying of building material (within 24-48 Hrs,), and routine facility maintenance.
Indoor Air Quality and Related Services
- Moisture surveys of building material
- Noise Facility sampling and Personal monitoring
- Asbestos Sampling and removal oversite
- Lead Abatement Oversite
- Volatile Organic Compounds
- Industrial Hygiene Sampling to include (OSHA regulated chemicals & Personal Exposure sampling)
- Pesticides & PCB bulk material samples
- By Products of Combustible
- Allergens (latex, cat, dog, dust mites)
Industrial Hygiene Sampling
An Industrial hygienists monitor, assess, and control health hazards in a workplace. Our services entails evaluating work conditions and operations to identify how they can affect the health of employees. Assessing possible chemical, biological, or psychosocial risks which workers can be exposed to. Evaluations the long term effect of exposure to health hazards in order to develop cost effective plans for addressing such situations. Conducting surveys to obtain information regarding certain health risks in a workplace. Personal Exposure Monitoring to establish exposure limits to all chemicals, particulates and other materials listed in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1000. Z-tables.
Our Hygienist have over 28 years of experience offering these services through-out Maine, New Hampshire. Contact us today for more information.
Lead Consulting & Project Oversite
Lead is most harmful to children six-years-old or younger because children often put their hands and other objects in to their mouth which may have lead dust on them. Health effects of lead in children can include behavioral and learning problems (hyperactivity), slowed growth, hearing problems, headaches and damage to the brain and central nervous system. Adults exposed to lead can suffer from reproductive problems, high blood pressure, digestive disorders, muscle and joint pain, memory and concentration problems, and nerve disorders.
Maine also requires individuals / companies working in a facility with a child either with elevated blood lead or poisoning be EPA accredited (training) and Maine Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) licensed.